Students discuss how to make the difference between real news and fake news, and practise their speaking, reading and listening skills.
- What are fake news?
- What is the opposite of fake news? (facts, real news or just news)
- How is fake news different from real news/facts/news?
- Can you give examples of fake news?
- Where can you find fake news?
- Who creates fake news? Why do they exist?/What is the purpose of fake news?
- (961,000 shares)
You can use the following powerpoint to present the answers to the exercise:
Fake News and Real News Answers Powerpoint
3. Listening activity
I went through some vocabulary and then showed them two videos to discuss different ways of spotting fake news.
Here is the worksheet:
How to spot fake news worksheet
And the videos:
5 ways to spot fake news
How to spot fake news Vocabulary Listening and Writing Activity